Saturday, May 18, 2019

Walking Leader Podcast 138 - Learning Those Soft Skills - Work Ethic

Welcome to Episode 138 of the Walking Leader Podcast.
In this episode, I continue with Learning Those Soft Skills series as I talk about Work Ethic.

Work Ethic is something that you are either born with or taught at a very early age. It is imprinted in our very own DNA. One of my very earliest memories of my Grandfather was of him up on the roof of the house he built repairing the roof. I remember looking up from the ground at the man I called Abuelo, hammering away as he put down new roof shingles on top of the work he was doing. He taught me from early on that if you know it has to get done then do it. Get work. Several years later, I would find myself up on that same roof "helping" him with something that needed attention. He is no longer with us.

Now, that same work ethic pulses through my veins, it's in my DNA and I try to pass that same work ethic to my kids, my friends, my family, and my colleagues. Sometimes successful and sometimes not but it is not for lack of trying.

Work Ethic is defined as the principle that hard work is intrinsically virtuous. It is not taught in school, work ethic is something that can ONLY be shown by doing. So, get to doing!
.
Don't forget to CREATE WIN-WIN situations in all that you do. Start Strong! Stay Strong! Finish Strong! Be Strong!

And as always, I remind you to GO BEYOND THE GRIND & GO BEYOND THE HUSTLE BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE THE WALKING LEADER AND A LEADER THAT IS GREAT TO FOLLOW.

I invite you to take about 14 minutes and listen to the Episode 138 of the Walking Leader Podcast. Enjoy!


Music in this episode:
"String Impromptu Number 1" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

No comments:

Post a Comment